Nothing plays a more important role in the appearance of your home like a roof. It is the first thing that visitors notice about your house and if it is poorly done or poorly maintained, it becomes a big turn off. Apart from aesthetics, a proper roof keeps your family, pets and investments safe and comfortable. It is, therefore, important that roof installations and repairs are done in an outstanding manner. Only companies with extensive experience and expertise such as Guardian Roofing can do a world-class roofing job.
Many homeowners would love to have a world-class roofing job done for them. Unfortunately, their idea of such roofing restoration is only limited to appearances. Any roofing contractor can paint a roof to look appealing to the eye as long as they have the right equipment but it takes a master contractor to get all the other aspects of roof restoration such as safety, finish, longevity and quality right. That is what separates Guardian Roofing from other roofing contractors.
At Guardian Roofing we believe that for a roofing project to be successful, it has to be approached in a methodical manner. Here are some tips to help clients ensure they get a world class roofing job done for them.
Before the project begins (Quote Stage)
- When choosing a contractor steer clear of tradespeople knocking on doors offering cheap roofing services. One thing is common among these type of companies- they overpromise and under-deliver. They might offer you long term guarantees but once the job is done (often shoddy) and they are paid they become unreachable. You, therefore, cannot reach them for repairs once their work starts deteriorating.
- Make sure you receive a thorough quotation from the roofing company you contract to handle your work. The preparation of the quote shouldn’t take a long time. A contractor who takes weeks or more to produce a quotation is clearly incompetent. Having all aspects of the job in written form saves you a lot of trouble when it comes to payment as you only pay the amount specified in the quotation.
- Make sure that the company you go for uses safety rail as that is a legal requirement in most of Australian states. If caught by Worksafe, failure to use such safety equipment can be costly for both the client and the contractor.
During the Project
- With a capable roofing company such as Guardian Roofing, you are guaranteed to have the job done smoothly with continuous cleaning up to minimise any mess within the working area. However, if you are dealing with a different company, it is important to remind them to clean the mess they generate as they continue working on the project so that the place does not become very untidy.
- Make sure that all the roofing tiles are cleaned up so that the job lasts longer.
- Keep communicating with the workmen to make sure that arising problems and any other issues are handled immediately. For instance, if the workmen inform you that they may be coming back organise to have everything they may need such as power available.
After Completion of Project
- Guardian Roofing ensures that upon completion of any project they carry out a thorough inspection to make sure that the finishes are done in the best manner possible. However, if you are working with another company, it is advisable that you jointly carry out inspections to make sure that everything is done as you hoped for and are satisfied with the final job.
- Roofing jobs usually generate a lot of mess. It is the workmen’s responsibility, not yours, to clean up such mess. So make sure that before they leave the workmen clean up the place.
Hopefully, these tips will help get a world-class roofing job. At Guardian Roofing, this is our standard way of doing things so you don’t need to keep a watchful eye on us as we always deliver high-quality work. That partly explains why we have been in the roofing industry for a long time.